©Antser group | All rights reserved
Regulation 44 visit
To be discussed at interview
We are looking for professional experienced Independent Regulation 44 Visitors to join our team on a freelance basis for two homes in Milton Keynes area which are short break homes for children with complex health needs and learning difficulties;
You will be required to be a “critical friend” and provide thorough and impartial independent Regulation 44 visits to Children’s Homes and Services which are consistent with the National Quality Standards for Children’s Homes.
As a Regulation 44 Visitor you are required to have the following:
- Understanding and knowledge of regulated services and their inspection frameworks and also knowledge of current legislation and statutory guidance relating to children, young people and adults at risk particularly those in residential care
- Have experience of working within a social or health care organisation, safeguarding and experience of managing complex relationships across a diverse field, e.g. social workers, OFSTED inspectors, residential care workers and registered managers, health care professionals
- Experience and knowledge of child protection and safeguarding children and young people
- Ability to easily build rapport an identify with children, young people and staff teams
- Ability in the long term to commit to visiting homes on a monthly basis.
- Excellent communication skills, good report writing skills and a high level of critical analysis
- Provide detailed reports and action plans
- Excellent time management in order to provide detailed reports in a timely manner
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Preferably professional qualification in a related field, i.e. social work, residential care, health care professional, advocacy or youth work.
At Reconstruct we provide:
- Professional support and supervision
- A set template and Reconstruct methodology for undertaking visits
- Research briefings on best practice in social care
- Access to online procedures for children’s homes
- Reconstruct operates safer recruitment procedures to ensure the protection of the children, young people and adults at risk we work with. If you are successful an enhanced DBS check will be required prior to undertaking visits
- Enhanced DBS
The fee per visit will be discussed at interview.
Please send a CV and covering letter outlining your residential and Regulation 44 experience to firstname.lastname@example.org